Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product, whereby shared resources, software and information are provided to computers and other devices as a utility over a network.
SQL Azure is a cloud-based service from Microsoft offering data storage capabilities similar to Amazon S3 and Amazon Relational Database Service as a part of the Azure Services Platform.
Unlike similar cloud-based databases, SQL Azure allows relational queries to be made against stored data, which can either be structured or semi-structured, or even unstructured documents. SQL Azure features querying data, search, data analysis and data synchronization. SQL Azure uses Microsoft SQL Server as a backend.
During this course students will learn the following:
- Define cloud computing.
- Learn the benefits of cloud computing.
- Understand the different types of cloud computing services.
- See a simple Windows Azure application.
- Learn about the Microsoft data centers.
- Learn what SQL Azure is and why you want to use it.
- Understand SQL Azure in comparison to SQL Server and Windows Azure table storage.
- Learn how to provision an SQL Azure server and databases.
- Explore how to create and manage database objects in SQL Azure.
- Know how to limit SQL Azure access.
- Understand options for performing database backups
|Schedule for Introduction To Cloud Computing and SQL Azure Training Boot Camp|
|Course Contents||Regular Track (days)||Fast Track (days)|
|Introduction To Cloud Computing and SQL Azure||2||1|
|Balance Days for day of arrival and practice||1||1|
- Knowledge of TSQL
- Experience using Visual Studio