This course equips participants with essential skills to implement a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure including basic knowledge of networking, storage, system administration and security. Other skills covered in this course include installation, configuration, network components, network security, server security, server performance management, AD DS (Active Directory Domain Services) etc.
Course Objectives :
- Installation and configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Configuring storage on the server by selecting appropriate storage technologies.
- Understanding the terminology and fundamentals of network components.
- Determining appropriate network and hardware components for implementing a network.
- Understanding the services and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) protocols for implementing IPv4 in the Windows Server.
- Understanding and implementing server roles.
- Implementing and configuring AD DS (Active Directory Domain Service).
- Applying the defense-in-depth concept and determining how to execute this approach using Windows Server.
- Identifying the security features of Windows Server to help provide defense in depth.
- Utilizing network security features of Windows Server to eliminate network security threats.
- Increasing organizational security by identifying and implementing additional software components.
- Determining performance levels by monitoring server activities.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting Windows Server using the different tools available for this purpose.
Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure 2012 R2 course provides the gateway for professionals to pursue higher Microsoft certifications.
|Schedule for Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure 2012 R2|
|Course#||Course Contents||Regular Track
|Super Fast Track
|10967A||Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure||5||3||2|
|Balance Days for day of arrival and practice||1||1||1|
- basic knowledge of general computing concepts with Windows 7/8