SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services is a 3 day instructor-led course that teaches how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization.
The SSRS training includes how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
SSRS training is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
After completing SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services course, students will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components
- Create a Reporting Services report
- Enhance a Reporting Services report
- Create and manipulate data sets
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users
- Configure report publishing and execution settings
- Implement subscriptions for reports
- Administer Reporting Services
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications
|Schedule for SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Training Boot Camp|
|Course #||Course Content||Regular Track (days)|
|6236||Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services||3|
|Balance Days for day of arrival and practice||1|
- Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products is desirable.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping).
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).