Oracle’s Real Application Clusters (RAC) supports the transparent deployment of a single database across a cluster of servers. The key benefit of clustering is to provide a highly available framework where the failure of one node does not bring down an entire application. In case of failure of one of the servers, the other surviving servers take over the workload from the failed server and the application continues to function normally as if nothing has happened. Oracle RAC provides the foundation for enterprise grid computing.
This course covers :
- Introduction to general features and capabilities of Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Install and administer Oracle Clusterware, Real Application Clusters and Automatic Storage Management.
- Administer Database in a Real Application Clusters environment using Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Configure and use database services as well as the Load Balancing Advisory in a RAC environment.
- Add and remove nodes in clusters.
Oracle RAC training is usually conducted on Linux Server platform. If you prefer, you can opt for RAC training on Windows. Please specify your preference for Windows at the time of registration. If you wish to take Oracle on Linux, you must possess basic knowledge of Linux. If you do not have prior-knowledge of Linux, we suggest that you opt for Linux+ certification. It will be even better to take RHCE.
This course uses the latest Oracle 10g Release 2 and fulfills the Oracle OCP Hand-on course requirement.
|Boot Camp Schedule for Oracle Database 10g: RAC for Administrators Release 2 Training Boot Camp|
|Course Contents||Exam #||Regular Track (days)|
|Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for Oracle Real Application Clusters||1Z0-048||5|
|Balance Days for day of arrival, exam(s) and practice||2|
- Oracle Database 10g Architecture and Experience
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control Release 2
- Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
- Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop II Release 2
- OCA or OCP