The course provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts of business intelligence and the Oracle BI Enterprise Edition architecture, step-by-step procedures for building and verifying the three layers of an Oracle BI repository, and step-by-step instructions for creating ad-hoc queries in Oracle BI Answers and incorporating them into Interactive Dashboards.
Students begin by using the Oracle BI Server Administration Tool to construct a simple repository to address a fictitious company's business requirements. They import schemas, design and build logical business models, and expose them to users in Oracle BI Answers. Students then extend the initial repository and learn how to model more complex business requirements. They also learn how to implement Oracle BI Server security and manage Oracle BI Server cache.
Next, they explore Oracle BI user interfaces and, learn to build a simple Oracle BI Interactive Dashboard. They will start with basic requests created in Answers, then add more complexity as the topics progress, including pivot tables, charts, prompts and embedded content. They will also use Oracle BI Delivers to send real-time, personalized alerts to Interactive Dashboards for subscribed users, and explore the Administration features of the BI Presentation Services.
The students will learn to:
- Describe the role of key components in the architecture
- Use the Oracle BI Administration Tool to build, manage, and maintain an Oracle BI repository
- Use Oracle BI Answers to build and execute queries to test and verify a dimensional business model
- Use the Oracle BI Administration Tool to administer Oracle BI Server
- Build queries and Dashboards in Oracle BI Answers
- Use Oracle BI Delivers to configure, schedule, and deliver personalized alerts
|Schedule for Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition 10g Training Boot Camp|
|Course Contents||Regular Track (days)||Super Fast Track(days)|
|Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition 10g Bootcamp||6||3|
|Balance Days for day of arrival, exam(s) and practice||1||1|
- Basic SQL
- Database design
- Dimensional modeling