This fast track intensive course on Operations Management imparts skills on installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere 5 environment and implementation of VMware vCenter Operations Manager effectively. This extended course is a combination of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage and vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze and Predict version 5.
This course will teach participants the following skills:
- Installation and configuration of ESXi
- Installation and configuration of vCenter Server components
- Configuration and management of ESXi storage and networking using vCenter Server
- Deployment and migration of virtual machines
- User access management in the VMware infrastructure
- Resource monitoring using vCenter Server
- Increasing scalability using vCenter Server
- Application of ESXi patches using Update Manager
- Managing higher availability and data protection using vCenter Server
- Understanding major and minor badges and utilizing them for uncovering operational problems in vSphere
- Performing what-if analysis and capacity management
- Using Operations tab, Reports tab, Planning tab, Analysis tab, and Alerts tab
- Using and creating custom heat maps
- Using smart alerts for detecting of system problems
- Working with groups and classifying virtual objects in logical or business-related structures
Defining new use cases with respect to the optimized integration with various products of vCenter Operations Manager Suite such as Configuration Manager, Infrastructure Navigator, vFabric Hyperic etc.
This course is highly recommended for system engineers, system administrators, and professionals responsible for managing vCenter Server and ESXi.
|Schedule for VMware vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track [V5.1] Training Boot Camp|
|Course||Course Contents||Exam||Certification||Regular Track
|vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track||VMware vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track [V5.1]||VCP5-DCV||VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV||10||7||5|
|Balance Days for day of arrival, exam(s) and practice||3||3||2|
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems