This advanced level VMware vSphere 5.1 course from Koenig is for experienced personnel who have knowledge of using VMware vSphere. It offers specialized skills for installing, configuring and managing a greatly scalable and available virtual infrastructure. This updated VMware training is based on VMware vCenter Server and vSphere ESXi 5.1 version for both.
Course Objectives :
- Configuration and management of ESXi networking as well as storage for large enterprises.
- Managing changes in vSphere environment.
- Optimizing performance for all components of vSphere.
- Identifying root causes of all operational faults and troubleshoot for solutions.
- Managing vSphere using vSphere Management Assistant and vSphere ESXi Shell.
- Provisioning ESXi hosts using vSphere Auto Deploy.
- Deployment of distributed switches.
- Managing data store clusters.
- Using Linked Mode in vCenter.
- Utilizing Image Builder.
This course is highly recommended for experienced system integrators and system administrators who wish to further their knowledge and expertise in optimizing virtual storage and memory while achieving optimum level of resource utilization.
This VMware training course will also prepare the participant for VCAP 5 - DCA (Data Center Administration) certification exam.
|Schedule for VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1] Training Boot Camp|
|Course Contents||Exam #||Exam||Fast Track (days)|
|VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]||VCP510/VCAP5-DCA||VCP5/VCAP5-DCA||5|
|Balance Days for day of arrival, exam(s) and practice||2|
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1] (Fast Track scalability topics are repeated in this course.)
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server